Cha Hyun-seung's Leukemia: Low Neutrophils, Peeling Skin

Actor and dancer Cha Hyun-seung, 34, has been open about his ongoing battle with leukemia. In a recent video titled “A Day in the Life of a Leukemia Patient,” he shared an inside look at his daily routine while undergoing treatment.

The video, uploaded to his YouTube channel on the 11th, provides a detailed glimpse into Cha’s life in the hospital. He starts his day at 5:30 a.m., beginning with light stretching exercises. This is followed by medical procedures such as blood draws and checks for his blood pressure and temperature.

After taking his pre-meal medication and having breakfast, Cha showed the camera his peeling hands. “My skin keeps peeling and healing like this,” he said, highlighting the physical toll of his condition.

Cha also shared a medical log where he records daily intake, output, and blood test results. “I write down the numbers every day. My neutrophils should rise, but they’re not. They need to reach at least 1,000,” he explained. His neutrophil count was in the 200s. Neutrophils, the most abundant type of white blood cell, are crucial for defending against infections and responding to tissue damage.

After lunch, Cha engaged in light bodyweight exercises. “If I just lie or sit around all day, my condition actually gets worse,” he said, emphasizing the importance of staying active during treatment.

In closing, he stated, “This is my daily life these days. I’ll keep fighting to recover.” He added, “I didn’t expect so much support after sharing my situation. I’m truly grateful.”

Cha first gained recognition as a dancer for singer Sunmi. In 2018, he drew attention for his physique while performing with Sunmi at the Waterbomb stage. He later appeared on the Netflix survival show Physical: 100, where 100 people compete in physical abilities, and Solo Hell. He began his acting career in 2024.

On the 27th of last month, Cha revealed his leukemia diagnosis via social media. He said, “My life came to a sudden stop in early June when I was rushed to the emergency room. I had passed final auditions for projects I’d dreamed of, but the diagnosis halted everything.” He continued, “I’m quietly fighting day by day during treatment. The road ahead is long, but I will overcome this. My dreams and passion are still alive, and I’m holding on, eagerly awaiting the day I return to the stage and camera.”

Challenges Faced During Treatment

Cha's journey has not been easy. Here are some of the challenges he has faced:

  • Physical Strain: The side effects of his treatment have led to significant physical discomfort, including skin peeling and fatigue.
  • Emotional Toll: Dealing with a serious illness has taken a heavy emotional toll, requiring constant mental resilience.
  • Medical Monitoring: Regular blood tests and tracking of his neutrophil levels are part of his daily routine, which can be both physically and emotionally draining.

Support from Fans and Community

Cha has received an overwhelming amount of support from fans and the broader community. His openness about his condition has inspired many, showing the power of vulnerability and strength.

  • Online Presence: His YouTube channel has become a platform for sharing his experiences, helping others understand what it means to live with a chronic illness.
  • Community Engagement: Fans have rallied around him, offering words of encouragement and support through social media and other platforms.
  • Public Awareness: By sharing his story, Cha has contributed to raising awareness about leukemia and the importance of early detection and treatment.

Looking Ahead

Despite the challenges, Cha remains optimistic about his future. He continues to fight for his health and dreams, determined to return to the stage and camera.

  • Recovery Goals: His primary goal is to regain his strength and return to his career, which he has always been passionate about.
  • Mental Resilience: Maintaining a positive mindset is crucial for his recovery, and he actively seeks ways to stay motivated.
  • Future Projects: While he focuses on his health, he is also thinking about future projects and how he can contribute to the entertainment industry once he is well again.

Cha's journey is a testament to the strength of the human spirit. His story serves as an inspiration to many, reminding us that even in the face of adversity, hope and determination can lead to recovery and renewed purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japan Firms Leverage Satellites and AI to Locate Abandoned Homes for Sale

GEN Nigeria and Others Target Indigenous Firms with New Tech Fees

I Was Healthy Until a Dirty Habit Stopped My Heart