Talented Artist Inspired by American Musician in Collaborative Project
Bryvvn’s New Collaboration with MGZA Marks a Major Career Shift
Kenyan artiste Bryvvn has recently made waves in the music industry with his partnership with American musician MGZA. This collaboration has led to the release of their joint project, BRKN, which is already generating significant attention.

The track features MGZA, who is known for his work in South America. Bryvvn shared insights into the new single during an interview, highlighting that it represents a new phase in his musical journey.
According to Bryvvn, this collaboration goes beyond just music—it's a story of two artists whose paths were meant to intersect long before they entered the studio together. He explained that the idea for this partnership began back in 2017 when MGZA first discovered his music on SoundCloud.
Impressed by Bryvvn’s distinct style, MGZA became a supporter of his work. Their meeting was serendipitous: Bryvvn was in Cape Town visiting MGZA’s cousin, who introduced him to MGZA’s music. From that moment on, the two knew they would eventually collaborate.
“I definitely vibed with his sound. It was unconventional; unique but catchy. We both knew we would collaborate one day, but I never imagined it would take this long to happen,” Bryvvn recalled.
When the two finally worked together in the studio, the result was BRKN, a track that came together effortlessly. Bryvvn described the chemistry between them as organic and immediate.
“I wanted to capture that image from their perspective. That’s why the lyrics are so dark,” he said.
This collaboration also marks a significant shift in Bryvvn’s career, as BRKN is his first-ever drill track. Known for his soulful R&B style, Bryvvn’s move into the drill genre might seem surprising, but his deep voice complements the hard-hitting sound perfectly.
“I never expected this direction. But my deep voice fits perfectly with drill. I’ll keep pushing that Nairobi Sheng drill vibe; though I don’t think people are ready for what’s coming,” Bryvvn admitted.
The Journey to Stardom
Bryvvn’s rise to fame hasn’t been instantaneous. His journey began in Cape Town, where he spent many late nights teaching himself production. Inspired by South Africa’s emerging stars like Nasty C and Shane Eagle, he developed his skills while studying at the University of Cape Town.
By 2017, Bryvvn was producing exclusively for rapper Jesse Reignz, who was part of Ricky Rick’s Vodacom NEXT mentorship program. Reflecting on those early years, Bryvvn shared:
“I never had formal training. I just spent hours experimenting, picking up tricks from neighbours studying audio engineering and YouTube tutorials. Those were dark days, but eventually, I developed my sound—a raw, gritty texture that blends perfectly with melodies. It took me years to get it right.”
His dedication and perseverance have paid off, leading to his current success and the exciting new chapter with MGZA. As he continues to push boundaries and explore new sounds, Bryvvn is set to make even more impact in the music world.
Comments
Post a Comment